Alex's proposal: centralised events calendar

Please have a read of Alex Lee’s proposal for events collation and calendar function to display on the homepage of the GM Food Forum. You can add comments or questions to the thread, and @drupal_admin will respond. Time is short to get going so please express any concerns or alternative suggestions by 10th July; after which we will assume SAFE participants are happy with the budget spend for Alex to get going with the work (he will join our meeting on 25th July and update us on progress) Alex Lee gmfood-weekly-bulletin-proposal-v1.1.pdf (347.3 KB)

1 Like

I think this is a good way forward - what do others think?

Am happy to answer any questions if you have them!

Hi, It sounds good to me. We definitively lack a unified source of information about events. Would it be viewable without signing up? i think this is the best way to go in terms of driving traffic, and then try to get them to sign up in other ways once they are here.

Sounds like a great idea!

Adrian - yes that would be the idea. The public calendar would make it easy to promote and find events, and weekly bulletin will be added to the forum to encourage people to come and discuss the week’s events and news. There are also a few other ideas to create new content on the forum which will hopefully bring more people in that way too.